Thursday, December 18, 2008

Product Review:Trader Joe's Nourish Spa Shampoo and Conditioner

While strolling though Trader Joe's one day I stumbled upon Nourish Spa Shampoo and Conditioner. I had read about it on the net and was looking for a comparable replacement for my beloved DDTA(Daily Defense Tender Apple Conditioner) which had been discontinued. Believe it or not, I still have a bottle left and have no idea why I'm holding on to it.

Anyway, I picked up a bottle of both and took them home to try them out. The first thing that I noticed was that the condish was extremely thick and creamy, just the way I like. I showered and applied the conditioner and immediately I felt my hair becoming moisturized. I pulled out my trusty shower comb and combed the conditioner through..... root to end. Now I did have a few snarls and tangles due to the fact that I had not done anything to my hair for about 2 to 3 weeks prior but the Nourish Spa handled that quite lovely! Other than the initial snarls, my hair was like butta baby, I mean BUTTA!! I threw on a plastic shower cap and left it on while I finished showering. After I finished, I then rinsed out the conditioner and I couldn't believe how soft my hair was. My kinks and coilies, and naps were springy and vibrant. I grabbed a little more condish and applied it to my hair as a leave-in and I was Ret ta go!

This has been a staple of mine for quite a while. I may switch it up a bit with the conditioners but I always, always come back to my tried and true. It's a miracle worker for the kid's hair as well and that is saying a lot! I used to have to drive about 25 minutes to get it but now that they have opened a Trader Joe's 5 minutes from me, I'm in absolute Bliss! The shampoo is cool too. It's thick and gelatious (Ya'll like that huh, GELATIOUS) Although I'm not big on shampoos it does what it does so If you have a Trader Joe's in your area, Pick up the Nourish Spa Conditioner pronto!

The Facts, and nothing but:

PRODUCT:

* Trader Joe's Shampoo Balanced Moisturizing NOURISH SPA enriched with Organic Botanicals

* Trader Joe's Conditioner Balanced Moisturizing NOURISH SPA enriched with Organic Botanicals

Size: 16 fl oz (500 ml) per bottle

Price: $2.49/bottle

Where to buy: Trader Joe's

INGREDIENTS:

Shampoo - Purified water, organic rosemary oil, organic valencia orange citrus, organic mango, organic lemongrass, organic ginko biloba, organic echinacea, organic willow bark, organic sea kelp, organic chamomile flower, organic textured soy protein, organic lavender, organic grapefruit, C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Tocopherol (Vit E), Citric Acid, Methylparaben, propylparaben, sea salt, botanical fragrance

Conditioner - Purified water, organic rosemary oil, organic valencia orange citrus, organic mango, organic lemongrass, organic ginko biloba, organic echinacea, organic willow bark, organic sea kelp, organic chamomile flower, organic textured soy protein, organic lavender, organic grapefruit citrus, Tocopherol (Vit E), Acetamide MEA, Cetyl Alcohol, Citric Acid, Methylparaben, propylparaben, botanical fragrance


TraderJoe's Nourish Spa conditioner gets


No comments: