Thursday, July 24, 2008

Product Review: Miss Jessie's Buttercreme


I first heard about Miss Jessie's on the internet. I visited the site and was floored by all of the beautiful heads of hair on the site. After looking through the before and afters I was seriously considering a silkener( IE. fancy name for a texturizer) but after hearing that I'd probably walk out without an arm and leg after paying those exorbitant prices I decided to settle for the products instead.

It took me quite a while before I talked myself into spending that type of money on hair products. I mean ...$60 for 16 0z of product? I must've been crazy but I eventually ended up ordering the curly buttercreme and the baby buttercreme. Lucky for me they sent the wrong item (curly pudding instead of the curly buttercreme)You know i was on the phone in a flash and they promised that they would put my buttercreme in the mail pronto! In addition to sending me the product that I ordered, they also allowed me to keep the curly pudding which was full sized.

I couldn't wait to try it out! Went to the site and tried the pudding as directed on the site and to my surprise not a damn curl, or ringlet in site What the hell? I'm supposed to have cute litle ringlets, or spiral curls...after all "Turns Kinks Into curls" is spouted all up and through the website! Instead all I was left with was a big crunchy mess. Needless to say I was glad that it was free. The smell, while pleasantly reminiscent of grape bubblegum, began to get on my nerves after a while. I washed it right out and decided to twist my hair using the curly buttercreme. Can we say Instant Love! I found that the curly buttercreme gave my hair the moisture that it craved. I mean my twists were shiny and well moisturized and my twistouts was swanging..you hear me...SWANGIN'! Nappy hair like mine blowing in the wind haha. I also loved the tingly sensation of the curly buttercreme on my scalp, especially in the summer. ( I didn't grease my scalp or anything with it, I just put it on my hair directly after a wash ) and it was on and poppin'. The one draw back is that it was rather greasy but that was something I was willing to deal with to have shiny, moist hair.

I'm rather heavy handed with the product so I was shocked when my buttercreme was gone after using it for a month, maybe less. (I know what you're thinking, damn! How much is she using but so you can get a bit of an idea on my heavy handedness, I once used a 32 oz. bottle of conditioner in two days) I had read where people said theirs had lasted for 1 and 2 years and here mine was gone in a month. People were using dime size, quarter size, half dollar, size amounts. lol shoot I grab a few handfuls and run it through my hair and then on each individual section as I begin to twist. If I tried to use a quarter size amount of anything on this head my hair would look at me and laugh like "Bish are you crazy?" You get the same effect with both the baby and curly buttercreme. The only difference is supposedly the scent and the tingle factor but I swear there is more to it than that. I like them both but I love, Love, Love the curly buttercreme. Miss Jessies, ButterCreme gets:

No comments: